Our Food Philosophy
We have put together a team of international and regional suppliers to bring our food and drink menus to life.We’re keen to use local food suppliers where possible to bring you the best and freshest ingredients.
Our menu includes:
- A unique blend of organic & Fair Trade coffee called ‘Lumière’, which has been brewed specially for Tyneside Bar Café by Lonton Coffee, a new coffee roastery in County Durham;
- Middle White pork from Ravenswood Grange Farm situated near the Angel of the North;
- Cheese sourced from Neal’s Yard Dairy which aims to select the best farm cheeses in Britain;
- Fresh produce from North Country Vegetables at Vallum Farm in Northumberland;
- Bread from Darlington and Newcastle-based Great Northern Bakehouse;
- Free range eggs from Lintz Hall Farm, set in the heart of the Derwent Valley.
- Urban Mushrooms - oyster mushrooms grown with recycled coffee grounds as part of new community enterprise YMCA Urban Mushrooms. Find out more.