Relaxed screenings take place on the second Sunday of every month at 12 pm in the Electra.
These screenings take place in a relaxed environment, which means:
- Films are presented with the sound slightly lower than usual and lights up a little
- Audiences are able to move around and make noise during the film
- There are no adverts and trailers before the feature and films start at the advertised time
- A chill-out space is offered in case audience members would like a break in a quiet environment during the screening
- Where possible the film is captioned subtitled (captioned subs are not always available, so we will flag on our website when these are)
Relaxed screenings are open to all, although due to sensory sensitivities experienced by some of our guests, we do not recommend these screenings for children under two years.
Tickets are £6 each per person, and carers go free.
The Tyneside Cinema is an accessible building and has:
You can also download a Relaxed Screenings Visual Story to assist with your visit to Tyneside Cinema.
We hope to provide the best possible experience at all of our shows. Please send your feedback and suggestions to our Access Cinema Coordinator, Midnight Memphis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The amazing opportunities to see opera at its highest level are wonderful but, even more wonderful, is the all round 'being looked after' by the Tyneside cinema and its staff. We can not thank you enough for the opportunities these amazing evenings bring and the ambience in which they are presented.